ASA is a filament for 3d printing with exceptional weather resistance. Unlike many plastic materials, the ASA maintains its color and impact resistance, even after long-term outdoor use.
Smartfil ASA description
– It is mechanically robust, perfect for applications with need of resistance
– UV resistant (it does not goes yellow).
– Water resistant, for underwater applications or pump couplings
– It has great dimensional stability.
Smartfil ASA usage
ASA is a filament often used for house roofs, transport equipment covers, outdoor machinery and electrical equipment when persistent color and impact resistance are required.
The materials molded in ASA allow a post-processing:
- Machining (turning, milling, drilling, saw cutting)
- Soldier (hot plate, by rotation and in some cases by ultrasound)
- Bonding (ASA is soluble in methyl ethyl ketone, dichloroethylene and cyclohexanone)
- Surface treatment (printing, painting without special pre-treatment)
– Diameter: 1,75 mm
– Net weight: M (750g)
– Colour: Black
– Printing temperature:: 250 – 260ºC
The Smart Bag is a multi-layer bag with an EVOH barrier and high effectiveness zip seal. Trough its transparent base, you can appreciate the color of the filament without opening the bag.