The Form 3L is an affordable large format 3D printer trusted by professionals for fast turnaround of industrial-quality parts.
Print Large Parts, Fast
Form 3L offers five times the build volume and two times the laser power of the Form 3.
|11.8 in||13.2 in||7.9 in|
|30 cm||33.5 cm||20 cm|
Perfectionism That Scales
With advanced Low Force Stereolithography (LFS)™ technology, Formlabs has completely re-engineered resin-based 3D printing to drastically reduce the forces of the print process.
Low Force Stereolithography (LFS)™ uses a flexible tank and linear illumination to deliver groundbreaking print quality and printer reliability.
Twice the Laser Power
Two staggered Light Processing Units (LPUs) inside the printer use a compact system of lenses and mirrors to deliver accurate, repeatable prints.
Optimized laser path:
Two LPUs work simultaneously along an optimized path to efficiently print parts of all sizes.
Crisp, clean features:
Each high-density laser passes through a spatial filter to guarantee a clean laser spot.
A parabolic mirror ensures that the laser prints perpendicular to the build plane, ensuring uniform print quality across the entire build platform.
Integrated sensors help maintain ideal print conditions and send you alerts about the state of your machine.
High material capacity:
The Form 3L can hold two easy-to-switch resin cartridges, preventing interruptions during large print jobs.
Optical sensors continuously correct for scale and power, and can even detect dust.
The Light Processing Units, rollers, and optics window can be replaced in-house, reducing the need for replacement printer shipments.
Grows With Your Business
Start with one 3D printer or many, and add capacity as demand grows. Use the same tool through prototyping and into production and easily expand into new applications.
Industrial quality for all:
The Form 3 offers industrial capabilities at a fraction of the price of traditional industrial machines.
Get started now:
Formlabs 3D printers are ready to plug and print right out of the box, no specialized training required.
Bringing production in-house with the Form 3 provides the fast turnaround time and flexibility you need to scale.
- Technology: Low Force Stereolithography (LFS)™
- XY Resolution: 25 microns
- Laser Spot Size: 85 microns
- Laser Power: One 250 mW laser
- Build Volume (W x D x H): 33.5 × 20 × 30 cm – 13.2 × 7.9 × 11.8 in
- Layer Thickness: 25 – 300 microns – .001 – .012 in
Printer Dimensions (W × D × H): 40.5 × 37.5 × 53 cm – 15.9 × 14.8 × 20.9 in
Weight: 17.5 kg – 38.5 lbs
Operating Temperature: Auto-heats to 35 °C – Auto-heats to 95 °F
Temperature Control: Air-heated print chamber
Power Requirements: 100–240 VAC – 2.5 A – 50/60 Hz – 220 W
- 1 Light Processing Unit
- EN 60825-1:2007 certified
- Class 1 Laser Product
- 405 nm wavelength
- 250 mW power
- 85 micron (0.0033 in) laser spot
Connectivity: Wi-Fi (2.4, 5 GHz), Ethernet (1000 Mbit) and USB 2.0
Printer Control: 5.5″ interactive touchscreen, 1280 × 720 resolution
Alerts: Touchscreen alerts, SMS/email via Dashboard, Two LED status indicators, Speaker for audio alerts
- System Requirements: Windows 7 (64-bit) and up, Mac OS X 10.10 and up, OpenGL 2.1 – 4 GB RAM
- Hardware Requirements: Form 3, Form 3L, or Form 2 3D printer
- File Types: STL and OBJ file input, FORM file output
- PreForm Print Setup Features
- One-Click Print
- Adaptive layer thickness for faster printing with fine details
- Remote Print
- Auto-orient for optimal print position
- Auto-mesh repair
- Auto-generation of supports
- Rotate, scale, duplicate, and mirror
- Layer slicer for path inspection
- Available in multiple languages
- Dashboard Printer Management Features
- Manage prints and printers via the cloud
- Track resin and tank usage over time
- SMS and email alerts
- Create enterprise group accounts with admins to more easily share printers and control access