The new BCN3D Epsilon W50 3D printer is a professional printer, designed for business environments. Its design is intended for large volume parts for printing industrial materials.
This printer is the large version of the Epsilon range, being larger in volume than the BCN3D Epsilon W27.
BCN3D Epsilon W50 Features
The BCN3D Epsilon W50 3D Printer has been designed to respond to the most demanding business environments. Since its launch, this printer has aroused the interest of large automotive firms such as SEAT, BMW and Renault.
It stands out for its massive print volume and its IDEX double extrusion technology, and its aluminium casing, among others….
Volume and Printing Volume
BCN3D Epsilon W50 Printer Volume: 530 x 690 x 900 mm
Print volume: 420 x 300 x 400 mm
Its closed design allows the printing of industrial materials, allowing almost absolute control of the internal temperature, which enables it to print any material, including industrial ones.
Although it does not use an external heater, the printer uses the heated base heating to maintain a stable temperature inside the chamber. In addition, there is a fan at the rear of the printer to regulate the temperature.
Independent Dual Extruder (IDEX) is BCN3D’s dual head technology.
It doubles the production capacity of the printer, compared to conventional printers (with a single extruder). It is possible to work with both heads, either in duplicate mode or in mirror mode. The use of this technology helps to:
- Reduce machinery costs
- Reduce maintenance costs
- Reduce times
- Double productivity in the same space
The IDEX system allows the combination of materials. For example, it allows to combine materials such as PLA filament with flexible filament in the same print.
It allows to easily send files via wifi, thanks to the BCN3D Cloud platform. The printer can also update the firmware automatically (optional function), which will allow the printer to be always up to date, without the need for manual changes.
BCN3D Epsilon W50 Key Points
Aluminium casing: its structure guarantees precision and durability.
5” Multilingual Touch Screen: with an intuitive interface, without complications of use.
Heated base: up to 120ºC
e3D Hotends: designed for reliable and smooth extrusion.
Filament Sensor: the printer detects when the filament runs out, and stops printing.
Bondtect Extruders: with two gears, sharper detail and superior performance.
The BCN3D Epsilon W50 is ideal for printing technical and industrial materials (such as Nylon or PC filament), as well as materials with fibre content (wood filament, stone filament, carbon fibre filament, graphene…).
The printing of abrasive materials is made possible by the e3D Nozzle X and its special nickel-coated steel alloy. Specially designed for abrasive materials and to reduce clogging.
Of course, it is capable of printing materials such as PLA, ABS filament, or PETG.
For this model, BCN3D has placed special emphasis on the safety of the 3D printer.
A new function incorporated in this model, the Safety Pause will stop the printing process when the printer door is opened, ensuring a completely safe experience.
A major improvement, the HEPA filter is responsible for protecting the working environment from harmful particles that could be left in the environment when printing industrial materials.
Another major safety improvement. The carbon filter protects the environment from harmful vapours.
- Printer type: FDM
- Extrusion system: IDEX
- Number of extruders: 2
- Printing chamber: Fully enclosed / Passive climate control / Safety pause
- Filters (Safety): H13 HEPA filter and Carbon filter
- Print Modes: Mirror Mode / Duplicating / Soluble Media / Multi-material Mode
- Filament Diameter: 2.85 / 3.00 mm
- Nozzle: 0.4mm (installed/standard) / 0.6mm / 0.8mm / 1.0mm
- Hotend X: 0.6mm
- Maximum nozzle temperatures: 300ºC
- Compatible Materials: PLA, PVA, PET-G, TPU, ABS, PP, PA. Materials with fibres.
- Only with Hotend X (0,6mm): PP GF30, PAHT CF15
- Layer height: 0.05 mm – 0.5 mm (depending on nozzle diameter)
- Firmware: BCN3D Embedded Linux distribution / BCN3D Epsilon – Marlin
- Hot bed: Silicone thermal pad
- Maximum hot bed temperature: 120ºC
- Max. printing chamber temperature: 60ºC
- Display: 5” full colour touch screen / multi-language (German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese)
- Supported files: .gcode
- Net weight: 37 kg
- Shipping weight: 46 kg
- Software: You can use a modified version of Ultimaker Cura, called BCN3D Cura.
- Conecitivity: Offline via SD-Card / Online via Wi-fi or Ethernet
- Maximum power consumption: 840W
BCN3D 3D Printer Comparison
Buy BCN3D Epsilon W50 3D Printer