Fun To Do Industrial Blend Red Resin has been created to meet the needs of industrial customers who require an extra hard material that is able to maintain structural integrity when exposed to extreme temperatures.
This resin has been tested in temperature ranges from -45ºC to 225ºC.
It is a perfect resin for the vulcanisation of printed parts. Industrial Blend resin can also be used to print moulds and vulcanise directly into the mould for metals with relatively low melting temperatures (such as tin or pewter).
Once fully cured, the resin has a shore hardness of 75D.
The resin is composed of:
- Photo initiator
- Photo inhibitor
The photo initiator, when exposed to UV light, causes the monomer to cure.
The photo inhibitor prevents the UV light from curing excessively.
The perfect match between the UV dwell time and the percentage of photo initiator and the percentage of photo inhibitor makes it possible to work with the desired layer height.
Fun To Do resin cures in 2 to 4 seconds with a layer height of 75 microns (0.075mm), if a DLP projector between 2500 and 3000 lumens is used.
However, curing times may vary depending on the printing configuration (layer height, resin colour, distance between projector and resin…).
- Keep in a cool and dry place. Shelf life is approximately 1 year, if stored under optimal conditions. The recommended storage temperature is between 10ºC and 25ºC.
- Caution: Excessive heat will prematurely polymerise the resin.
- Resin left over from one impression can be used in future impressions.
Recommendations Once the impression has been made
- Give the piece a bath in isopropyl alcohol (approximately 2-4 minutes) and remove it to remove resin residues.
- Clean any isopropyl alcohol residue from the piece after the bath, you can use a hairdryer or compressed air, but do not use hot air.
- Leave in the sun for 20 to 40 minutes, or expose to ultraviolet light for 1 to 8 minutes (depending on the piece).
Fun To Do Resin Characteristics
- Cure speed: Fast with UV lamps.
- Storage: Cool, dry and out of direct light.
- Dimensions: 26x10x10 cm
- Contents: 1L
- Coating cure time: 1.5 seconds
- Coating height: 100 microns
- Post-cure: 30 minutes under UV light